if you're planning a marketing campaign or you just want to give free access to some content of the app to your customers, you should create a coupon campaign.
1) You can find the coupon generator tool on the Paperlit dashboard. Just go to:
2) Click on "New campaign":
3) Enter a Title and a description (please note: the text will be NOT displayed on the app)
4) Choose a number of codes and the type of coupon generation:
Random: a list of alphanumeric codes. Each code can be used just once.
Custom: you can decide the code (e.g. MAGAZINE2017) and this code can be used as many times as indicated in the filed "Number of coupons"
Prefix: You can decide a custom prefix and a random suffix (numeric or alphanumeric)
Import: You can import a list of codes using a .txt file. The codes list must be on a single line, and the codes must be separated by comma or semicolon.
External: You can manage all the process on your side, following our specs
5) Select the validity period of the campaign. Please note: the date under "Valid until" identifies the latest day when a code can be redeemed.
6) Choose the publication related to the campaign.
7) Issue rule. You can choose to unlock:
Latest issue: the user will unlock the most recent issue on the app
Specific issue: you decide which issue the users are able to read.
Subscription: you can decide to give access to the users for a subscription period. Please note: you must have to add at least one subscription in the section "in-app products". If you don't have any subscription, please follow the instructions below to create the first one:
- Go to the Paperlit Dashboard, Features -> Purchase-manager -> In-app products
- Click on "Add new subscription"
- Fill the fields:
- Title and description of the app: They will be visible on the app.
- Print: it's the typical subscription. A user will be able to read the content published after the start date until the expiration date.
- Digital: a user will be able to read ALL the content of the app (also the issues published before the start date) until the expiration date.
- Consumable: you can choose how many issues a user can download in the subscription period.
- Civil: it refers to the calendar year (or month). It means that a user who subscribe on July, 10th 2020 is able to read all the issues published from January, 1st 2020 to December 31, 2020 (if yearly) or from July, 1st 2020 to July 31th (if monthly).
- Timing: the time period of your subscription.
- Unlock previous issues: it's valid only for the print subscriptions. You can allow users to read a number of issues before the start date (e.g. 2 months before).
- Existing Product IDs: you need to flag this option only if you have an existing subscription published on the stores.
- Publications: flag the publications included in this subscription.
8) You're now able to download the .csv file with the list of codes.
Please note: codes are not case sensitive.