The Google Play Developer API allows you to automate your in-app billing and app distribution workflows.
Google introduced version 3 of the API, which allows you to transactionally start, manage, and halt staged releases on all tracks, through production, open testing, closed testing (including the new additional testing tracks), and internal testing.
In addition to these new features, version 3 also supports all the functionality of previous versions, improving and simplifying how you manage workflows. Starting December 1, 2019, versions 1 and 2 of the Google Play Developer API will no longer be available so you need to update to version 3 ahead of this date.
You can find below the steps to complete the API update:
- Access to your Google developer account with the owner's credentials
- Go to Settings -> API access
- you should see a project called "Paperlit app" or "Paperlit prj"
- Click on "Connect"
- Then, you have to create a "fake" product ID for each Paperlit app on your account
How to create a product ID for an app
- Click on the icon of the app
- Go to "Store listing"
- Open the "in-app products" drop menu
- click on "Managed products"
- Click on the "Create a new product" button
- fill the form with a test ID (something like: "testproduct.p", but you can enter a different ID, it will not be used on the app)
- done, your Google APIs are now correctly set!